Risk Management Competent Person Function and Health & Safety Management
Risk Support Services Ltd act as the Competent Person for a wide range of clients in a multitude of industries, assisting them to meet their requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc. 1974 by having access to competent advice for Health and Safety.
Following a Gap Analysis of your current Health and Safety provision we will design a company programme to allow you to manage your Health and Safety exposure.
We undertake a variety of tasks under the Health and Safety banner which include:
- Write bespoke company Health and Safety Policies.
- Introduce a Health and Safety Management System.
- Champion Health and Safety Behavioural change.
- Assessment of your:
- Work tasks.
- Work processes.
- Locations to identify reasonably foreseeable risks.
- Write your Risk Assessments or assist your employees to produce their own to reduce risk as low as is reasonable practicable.
- Assessment of your use of hazardous COSHH substances.
- Write COSHH assessments to promote the safe use of hazardous substances.
- Assessment of your work equipment to the requirements of the Provision and Use of Workplace Equipment Regulations (PUWER).
- Introduction and management of a vibration management policy where vibrating equipment is identified and used.
- Vibration equipment use monitoring.
- Noise assessments and management of noise risk.
- Accident investigation and accident recording.
- Near Miss procedures and recording.
- Implementation of a Health and Safety in-company team.
- Undertake regular Site Inspections.
- Chair Health and Safety Meetings.
- Monitor Action Plans.
- Representation in any meetings with the HSE or Local Authority.